Friday 1 May 2015

Pause for thought

To conclude our posts about Greenock, Lynn the Salvation Army Officer at Greenock brings us a pause for thought.


..Lynn, Salvation Army Officer, Greenock

I have just completed an insurance renewal form that asked me to confirm the value of my most important possessions and those that were to be put on the all-risk category.  It got me thinking about Value and Security

What are  your most valuable possessions – a mobile phone, your TV, your home?
Yet, are not our most valuable things in life often what money cannot buy – friendship, family,  being part of community life at the Salvation Army, the love and respect of those who know us well, the inner satisfaction of a day well lived?


For me personally it is also the real assurance within my heart that through Jesus Christ I have the unfading hope of everlasting life.

No circumstances can take God and His love away from me – they are not at risk! 
If you are a Christian, in Him is security now and forever.

Do you have this “blessed assurance”?

John 1:3 says, “We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us.  And our fellowship is with the Father and with his son, Jesus Christ.”  Want to know more? Then contact us.





No comments:

Post a Comment